The Walt Disney Company Software Engineer in Seattle, Washington
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience designing, implementing, and testing high quality software solutions by applying the principles of Agile development. This person possesses excellent communication abilities (both verbal and written) and adhering to the standards of quality and excellence that are the core of The Walt Disney Company experience.
• 3+ years of software design and implementation experience. Preferably on the web.
• Disciplined approach to software development. Includes adhering to and enforcing engineering best practices.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be judged on ability to work effectively with project teams. The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Basic Qualifications :
• Strong Java expertise with a proven record of creating commercial quality software for the web.
• Experience in creating estimates for small to medium projects.
• Outstanding problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to create/contribute to robust commercial applications.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Experience with core web technologies; specifically Java, J2EE, Java Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC, SQL, JSP, and IIS
• Strong understanding of common delivery and communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP
Strong understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals.
Required Education :
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field
Job ID: 539509BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts