The Walt Disney Company Full Stack Python Developer in San Francisco, California
Be honest: You’re probably already working in software development, right? If you’re reading this, it means you’re looking for something more. Wouldn’t you love to contribute to something bigger? And by bigger, how about the largest movie franchise in history?
As a software developer at Lucasfilm, software development and improvement is our focus. You’d join a team whose goal is to create user-friendly, efficient software so that our co-workers at Lucasfilm have no constraints to their creativity.
Responsibilities : You'd be joining a seasoned group that collaborates on the software that enables our films to come to life.
Each day as a Full Stack Python Developer is different! On any one day you might:
• Create new software;
• Support the software;
• Participate in code reviews with fellow developers;
• Drill down to resolve issues or errors across various platforms;
• Brainstorm ways to make existing software even better;
• Meet with internal clients in person or via video for feedback and reflection;
• Join the crew at an industry event or screening of new movie; and
• Test software from home (you have the flexibility to do this on occasion)!
Basic Qualifications :
Please apply if you have:
• 5+ years experience developing software products;
• Mastered Python (2.6+ and 3.3+);
• Linux and Database/SQL down to a tee;
• Natural curiosity - you enjoy digging deeper to find the big picture;
• Humility - you’re able to contribute to the team, ego aside;
• Enthusiasm about helping others, especially team members;
• A background in web development focused on user experience or visual design;
• Always been the person who takes on any project; and
• Flexibility in dynamic environments.
Required Education :
You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent substitute.
Additional Information :
It would also be nice if you are familiar with:
• Web frameworks: Flask/bottle, Django, Tornado/Cyclone, Pylons/Pyramid;
• Web servers: Nginx, Apache, uWSGI;
• Data stores/tools: Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Redis, MongoDB, Solr;
• Tools: Virtualenv, Buildout, py.test, Ansible, Selenium;
• Async: Twisted, asyncio; and
• Virtualization: AWS, VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker.
Job ID: 549661BR
Location: San Francisco,California
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment