The Walt Disney Company Software Engineer, Front-end in New York, New York
The candidate will work with Marvel’s platform team. Your primary focus will be the development of user interface components for marvel.com, and other web applications, implementing them using React.js in a brand-new infrastructure built from the ground up for Marvel fans looking to engage with the iconic Marvel brand online.
At Marvel, you will work with a top-notch development team building the engine which powers Marvel’s successful online businesses and intellectual properties. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, technical design/implementation, and creating quality products is essential. You will help implement innovative solutions, which excite both long-time Marvel fans and new users alike.
This is an on-site position in Marvel’s NYC office. Remote working is not supported. Candidates must be legally permitted to work in the United States, H1B visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents when required. Perform coding, debugging and testing. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
• Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs.
• Constructive attitude in peer code reviews and mentorship.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Basic Qualifications :
• Node.js experience managing the interchange of data between the server and users.
• Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
• Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Solid understanding of security compliance, common web exploits and their solutions.
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc
• Understanding of web accessibility, including WCAG standards and ARIA implementation.
• Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic.
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Demonstrable understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass.
• Experience in modern CSS layouts with tools such as CSS grid and flexbox.
• Understanding of Git branching models such as GitFlow and comfortable doing code reviews.
• Familiar with automated testing and build tools like Jenkins.
Company Overview :
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Job ID: 554901BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment