The Walt Disney Company New Media Development Intern - Summer 2018 in New York, New York
The New Media Development team is looking for an intern to assist in managing and developing content from the Marvel New Media team. This position is an excellent learning opportunity for students and will be integral to the operation and growth of the New Media department. This New York-based team is tasked with the ideation and management of multiple forms of content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on key Marvel and social media platforms.
Responsibilities : • Participate in team brainstorm meetings; take detailed notes of all suggested ideas
• Assist in the creation of one sheets, concept decks, and other presentation materials
• Write coverage for scripts and other development materials
• Maintain and update talent databases, content calendars, and content slates
• Assist with ad hoc requests/various new media development projects as needed
• Research topics, content and comic books to support development projects
• Occasionally serve as in-studio production assistant
Basic Qualifications :
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
All candidates must be available during the months of May/June through August.
All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Exceptional communication skill and strong attention to detail
• Exceptional note-taking skills
• • Must be available 2 or 3 full days a week; one of those days MUST be Friday
• Must have previous entertainment industry experience, preferably in production or development
• Must have experience creating content for multiple formats (ex: video, audio, live, photo, social media, feature-length, AR/VR, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications :
Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education :
Enrolled in College / University
Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program or Graduate Program student status by arrival date
Company Overview :
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional Information :
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
Job ID: 531681BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment