The Walt Disney Company Front End Developer Intern - Summer 2018 in New York, New York
Marvel seeks a student web developer to join as a front-end intern. You’ll generate assets, build responsive web layouts and code functionality across Marvel’s digital properties. Ideal candidates are creative, motivated, proficient in web development and able to balance multiple projects.
Responsibilities : • Work with developers and designers to implement fan-facing pages as well as internal tools.
• Debug issues and address performance bottlenecks.
• Collaborate with content strategists and UX designers to plan upcoming features.
Basic Qualifications :
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
All candidates must be available during the months of May/June through August.
All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Solid understanding of CSS, including modern features such as transforms, animation and gradients.
• Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
• Familiarity with MVC frameworks, component libraries and UI patterns.
• Bonus points for candidates with skills in any of React, Bootstrap, Git or automated testing tools such as Mocha or Jasmine
• Personal drive, strong communication skills, and self-discipline round out the ideal candidate.
Preferred Qualifications :
Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education :
Enrolled in College / University, pursuing degree in comp sci or software engineering.
Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program or Graduate Program student status by arrival date
Company Overview :
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional Information :
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
Job ID: 529257BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment