The Walt Disney Company Associate Press Agent in New York, New York
Disney Theatrical Productions is seeking a creative and detail-oriented BROADWAY PUBLICIST (on an ATPAM Associate contract) to join our in-house publicity and communications group for a minimum of eight months. This individual will work closely with Senior Publicist Dennis Crowley and team to pitch, secure and execute publicity opportunities on behalf of the Broadway productions of Aladdin and The Lion King , primarily, and to assist on Frozen along with any future titles. The ideal candidate for this role will have superlative relationships with the arts and Broadway media, locally and nationally.
The minimum term of the contract is beginning as soon as possible through December 31, 2018.
Responsibilities : · Responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of publicity efforts on behalf of titles named above and future Broadway productions.
· Secure media opportunities for our Broadway productions in the national, local and regional press, including print, broadcast, radio and online.
· Schedule and cover interviews, photo shoots, media meet-and-greets, backstage tours and coordination of all corresponding details (memos, backstage postings, transportation, hair & make-up, wardrobe issues, music, payments and appropriate billings, etc.).
· Manage and execute press events including opening nights, press conferences, media junkets and other special activities that promote our shows.
· Responsible for ensuring that our Broadway productions are aligned with and included in appropriate theatre-community events and benefits.
· Assist with award season efforts.
· Writing, editing and distribution of press releases, tip sheets, media alerts and other materials.
Basic Qualifications :
· 4+ years’ experience as the lead publicist on Broadway productions
· Previous hands-on awards season experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Company Overview :
DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 20 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast , The Lion King , Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins , a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid , Peter and the Starcatcher , Newsies , Aladdin , and Frozen . Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical , Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book , The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday .
Job ID: 545476BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment