The Walt Disney Company Sr. Executive - Data Scientist in Mumbai, India
Merchandise planning & integration team is seeking a highly motivated, retail analyst with a strong data science background who will conduct business analysis, clearly articulate recommendations, and build tools to help drive improvements to the guest experience and the overall business.
Responsibilities : Areas of Responsibility:
He/she will be accountable for consulting with Disney’s Theme Park Merchandise (DTPM) business partners to assess and address information needs, and for managing, analyzing and synthesizing analytics and insights to influence decisions and action planning.
He/she will lead analytic efforts related to demand forecasting, customer segmentation, product affinity modeling, assortment optimization, demand transference and various other areas to help drive our businesses.
• Support Development of Advanced Analytics practice: develop best in class advanced analytics practice for DTPM and drive analytic culture across the planning and product development teams.
• Support BI Reporting: In collaboration leadership, support the development of BI dashboarding to highlight KPI across franchises, locations and channels. Work will include multi-source data integration and development in BI tool (Business Objects, Tableau, Teradata, MSSQL)
• Data Infrastructure: In collaboration with infrastructure in IT teams, make recommendations for data architecture Strategy
• Tool Assessment: Develop and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze complex data sets.
• Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that DTPM is in tune with best in class tools and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications :
Qualification & Experience Required:
3+ years of experience in market research, insights, analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies, (Retail specific experience preferred)
Degree in Data Science, applied mathematics, statistics, business analytics, economics, or equivalent experience
Additional Information :
Strong knowledge of databases, data warehouses, and SQL extraction
Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats.
Support the conceptual and practical development of business solutions.
Familiarity and experience with data visualization and executive communication
Experience using analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and R
Define key business issues to be solved while incorporating business requirements.
Expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodology.
Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trend.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Works with minimal oversight from leadership; autonomously identifies priorities and occasionally reviews to ensure agreement.
Experience determining mathematical approaches to solving Retail business problems
Experience with Tableau and visualization of data for end user consumption
Proficient with SQL and Microsoft SSIS Packages
Understanding of and experience with standard Retail Data Warehouses
Machine Learning application and experience
AI assisted data analysis
Good sense of Graphic / Visual Design
Job ID: 547230BR
Job Posting Company: Walt Disney International