The Walt Disney Company Machine Learning Intern - Orlando, Fall 2018 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
Responsibilities : With The Walt Disney Attractions Technology group, this intern will be expected to participate on an Information Advantage Delivery Studio team in the role of Machine Learning Engineer. The ideal candidate should have hands on familiarity with machine learning algorithms, toolsets and design patterns and be effective at creating and evaluating complex predictive models, prototypes and experiments.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture working on cutting edge solutions in the Machine/Deep Learning field directly impacting guest experience and service excellence across our Parks & Resorts.
Our Technology organization seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to the role...
Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Strong working knowledge of probability and statistics and application of these to learning models
Developer skills in Java and Python.
Familiarity with machine learning libraries like Spark MLLib, AWS Machine Learning, Mahout, JSAT or similar
Solid grounding in data science and information management disciplines
Preferred Qualifications :
Understanding of Data Lake, Big Data, Hadoop concepts.
Understanding of Data Security concepts
Understanding of Linux operating system and networking fundamentals.
Problem solving and analysis skills
Required Education :
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Data Science or related field
Additional Information :
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August to December 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, the intern must be willing to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Job ID: 563177BR
Location: Lake Buena Vista,Florida
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts