The Walt Disney Company Business Analyst Intern, Orlando, Fall 2018 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
The Walt Disney Attraction Technology (WDAT) team designs and works closely with all lines of business providing custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world, to critical microservices architectures, that support all lines of business across Parks and Resorts including Resort Sales systems, Fulfilment systems, Disney Cruise Line systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right details needed to provide world class solutions. WDAT Technology seeks forward-thinking and creative team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
Responsibilities : With Walt Disney Attractions Technology, this intern will be expected to gather business requirements, perform analysis and support activities for technology projects. They will coordinate between business team members, software developers, application support members, and other partners to complete assigned tasks. Under the guidance of a project manager and other senior team members, create project artifacts such as requirements, designs, test plans and deployment plans. Use available tools, such as Service Now, VersionOne, SharePoint and Confluence to manage and execute assignments.
Analysts must assess and evaluate requests/business needs using their subject matter expertise, technical knowledge, policy/compliance knowledge, and weigh it against various impacts, priorities, and dependencies for the purpose of providing recommendations/solutions.
Candidate should be able to work independently as a self-starter, work on release cycles using Agile Methodology, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring…
Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Exceptional attention to detail and ownership of tasks and deliverables
Experience demonstrating good customer service and project management skills
Demonstrated ability to work independently, operate under general direction and perform duties with broad latitude for judgment
Exceptional understanding transposing business and technical requirements to architectural requirements and stories.
Excellent reporting and presentation building skills with the ability to be analytical and problem solve
Exposure to AGILE methodology or comparable software development methodologies
Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications :
- SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Confluence and VersionOne desired but not required
Required Education :
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information :
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August-December 2018
Housing: a limited amount of housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
Job ID: 564705BR
Location: Lake Buena Vista,Florida
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts