The Walt Disney Company PH-Merchandise Asst in Kissimmee, Florida
The Merchandise Assistant supports the Merchandiser and/or Associate Merchandiser in driving the category business by assisting with the development and execution of seasonal merchandise strategies. The Merchandise Assistant supports all day-to-day activities of the Merchant team and coordinates with sourcing partners, suppliers, and internal cross-functional partners on all aspects of development and sampling to execute the Merchandiser’s creative design vision, ensure product quality, and meet on-time delivery. The Merchandise Assistant must exhibit strong organization, prioritization, and influencing skills, as well as proficiency in all systems and processes related to merchandising from SKU set-up through sample processing to purchase order management.
Responsibilities : • Maintain the department line list and new development worksheets. Communicate assortment changes, drops and adds cross-functionally.
• Attend and actively participate in weekly department team meetings as requested, coming prepared to talk about timeline management, sample approval statuses, any shipping issues, Item Set Up Delays, and weekly item and category performance.
• Review weekly sales performance at a Division/Site/Department/Class/SKU level within the assigned area of responsibility. Produce and assist with any departmental, divisional or company reports in preparation for weekly business reviews.
• Assist Merchandiser with market research by gathering data, including pricing, competitive photos and other information as needed. Attend competitive and trend shopping trips as a learning experience while maintaining documentation of information and results.
• Prepare product samples and CADs for presentations and line reviews, including assisting with set up of both visual and electronic product displays. Maintain the visual display and organization of the category showroom.
• Manage coordination of samples (receiving and shipping). Provide an initial review of samples for Merchandisers; communicate comments to vendors, as applicable.
• Prepare catalog of merchandise by season (photobooks) and maintain MOWGLI for Global Site leveraging.
• Assist the Merchandiser with Spec Sheet completion, routing, and updates as needed.
• Manage item level details in the line list and initiate SKU set-up process in partnership with appropriate parties. Own the timeline for SKU set up, influencing partners, managing, to key dates, and escalating issues as appropriate.
• Process payment requests/POs for payment of outside services and fees, liabilities, etc. Proactively manage Pending Task Workbook issues and RTVs, price changes, Legal Clearances, IR Worksheets and rush requests, PRRs, etc. to maintain product development timelines and ensure on time delivery.
• Prepare materials, take notes, create recaps and communicate information to cross-functional teams.
• Assist with other Merchandising team projects as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
• Passion for retail and product development.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with all levels across the organization.
• Strong teamwork skills; ability to build and maintain good rapport with both internal partners and handle situations (including conflict) with confidence and tact. Able to appropriately represent the Walt Disney Company in communications with external partners and vendors.
• Flexible and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload and concurrently manage multiple projects.
• High level of attention to detail; proactive, with strong follow through skills.
• Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to be responsive to feedback and pivot based on changing organization priorities.
• Demonstrated personal initiative skills in the workplace.
• Can-do attitude with willingness to learn new skills and processes.
• Resourceful with ability to make decisions and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Understands key business drivers and uses this knowledge in own work.
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
• Strong analytical and basic math skills.
Preferred Qualifications :
• 2-3 years of merchandising, product development, retail, visual merchandising, or related experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Disney Parks retail systems, including MOWGLI, MAP, and SIMBA preferred.
Required Education :
High School graduate and 2+ years merchandising, product development, retail, visual merchandising, or related experience required.
Preferred Education :
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail Merchandising, or equivalent strongly preferred.
Job ID: 592451BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts