The Walt Disney Company Promotions Intern, Disney Cruise Line, FL, Summer/Fall 2018 in Celebration, Florida
Promotions Intern, Disney Cruise Line, Orlando/FL, Summer/Fall 2018
The Disney Cruise Line Promotions - Content Alliances Marketing team is located at the Corporate Offices in Celebration, FL. Part of the Content Alliances Marketing team’s responsibility is developing and executing tactics that are collaborative programs with external, broadcast, and synergy marketing partners. Programs can include broadcast integration; live broadcasts and productions, media promotions as well as Regional and National Sweepstakes, including support for programs in LATAM and Canada. Team members have the opportunity to work multiple businesses and with teams across the Parks & Resorts and Walt Disney Company Portfolio on partnerships, brand initiatives, and more.
Responsibilities : A Day in the Life of a Promotions Intern for Disney Cruise Line...
Partner with key internal stakeholders including DCL Brand Strategy, Customer Relationship Management, Public Relations/Public Affairs, Social/Digital Marketing, Corporate Alliance and DCL Operations teams to ensure that promotional activity is meeting the strategic objectives for Disney Cruise Line and/or New Vacation Operations Portfolio and within operational guidelines
Work on the creative development of projects including working with Yellow Shoes Creative Group, Broadcast Production, Alliance and Synergy Partner creative agencies, writing creative briefs, and assisting with creative reviews
Package and disseminate all creative toolkits to third-party business parties for development of promotional creative
Obtain all proper approvals for finished product (Creative, Legal, Brand, Business Affairs) production of promotions and projects
Broadcast coordination including working with our shipboard partners for planning and production logistics
Analysis of project business results, project tracking, project recaps, and ad hoc projects that require data analysis
Assist efforts for our Orlando Magic and Orlando City Soccer DCL Endorsement Night executions
Industry research (and research summaries) on best practices that relate directly to media programs and partnership marketing for Disney Cruise Line and NVOs.
Support Content Alliances Marketing team as cross-functional support for Walt Disney World programs
Basic Qualifications :
What You Bring to the Table...
• Leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, teamwork abilities; excellent project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in interacting with outside agencies, partners and media
• An eye and understanding for creative execution as it applies to consumer insights
• Previous experience or educational background in marketing, advertising, or broadcast /communications strongly preferred; at a minimum, demonstrated passion for understanding and meeting consumer needs through robust strategic and creative thinking
• Proven record of execution success; ability to deliver results on strategy, time, and budget; attention to detail
• Excellent attitude and disposition; comfortable with ambiguity; bias for action; ability to smartly navigate organizations and build relationships
• Passion for the Disney product, Disney Cruise Line, travel and leisure, entertainment, and media
Preferred Qualifications :
Nice to Haves...
• Advanced Powerpoint and working knowledge of graphic arts programs a plus
• Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
• Spoken and written proficiency in Spanish
• Previous work experience with The Walt Disney Company
Required Education :
• Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related major OR have graduated within 6 months of the start date of the internship
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA
Company Overview :
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional Information :
Internship Eligibility :
Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Must provide full work availability
Must provide own transportation to/from work
Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019. You must be fully available to work full time during these months.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description : Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
Job ID: 525915BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts