The Walt Disney Company Full-Time Pruner - Tree Worker in Anaheim, California
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $19.01 per hour
At Disneyland Resort, a Pruner provides day-to-day tree care for the Resort urban forest, under the direction of an Arboricultural Manager. Duties include maintaining trees and Resort aesthetics in accordance with the appropriate theme of the specific area of the property while ensuring the comfort and safety of our Guests and Cast Members.
- Must be able to enter a tree (10 to 150feet) via safe climbing practices under WC-CTW, International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and ANSI Z133.1 guidelines, as well as safely use an aerial lift under DLR guidelines. Ability to gain proficiency and knowledge of different climbing systems is required
- Must be able to prune young and mature trees using ISA and ANSI Z133.1 pruning standards, as well as Disney Show quality standards. Must be capable of safely using hand pruners, pole pruners, hand saws, pole saws and chainsaws to complete the job.
Young Tree Care:
Planting: Must be able to plant 15-gallon, 120-foot box trees using ISA and ANSI Z133.1 standards. Shoveling, bending, pushing/pulling and lifting (25-100 lbs.) are involved.
Transplanting: Must be able to box up to a 120-foot root ball. Shoveling, strapping, bending, pushing/pulling and lifting (25-100 lbs).
Staking New Trees :
- Must be proficient in staking, use of a ladder, stake pounder, and other staking tools.
Inventory Maintenance and Inspection:
- Involves tree tagging, tree inspection, recording of data in field and on the Access Database Inventory Program. Must have the ability to understand Arboriculture in regards to tree health and structure defects, as well as the ability to input data into the Access computer program.
Mature Tree Care:
Cabling and Bracing: Must be familiar with hardware and ISA/ANSI Z133.1 installation guidelines.
Rigging: Must have the ability to safely perform rigging operations under the standards found in ISA/ANSI Z133.1. Must have the ability to gain proficiency and knowledge of different rigging systems.
Removals: Must be proficient in safely removing trees (10-150 feet) using tools specified for pruning.
- Involves safely securing the work area, providing ground assistance to the climber(s) in the tree (knot knowledge), removing and loading, safely reducing the size of debris with a chainsaw, and safe chipper operation under ISA/ANSI Z133.1 standards.
- Must be able to handle and react to stressful emergency situations within the tree crew, as well as other possible Cast Member or Guest needs. Must be available on an on-call basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Basic Qualifications :
Schedule Availability – Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Must have experience performing the duties and actions listed under Responsibilities, above.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License
Must possess a Western Chapter Certified Tree Worker (WC-CTW) certification or the level of ability to obtain a Certified Tree Worker qualification
Preferred Qualifications :
Western Chapter Certified Tree Worker (WC-CTW) certification
CPR and First Aid Certification
Job ID: 535992BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts