The Walt Disney Company Front-End Development Intern, Fall 2017 in New York, New York
Marvel seeks an entry-level web developer to join as a front-end intern. You’ll generate assets, build responsive web layouts and code functionality across Marvel’s digital properties. Ideal candidates are creative, motivated, proficient in web development and able to balance multiple projects.
Responsibilities : • Work with developers and designers to implement fan-facing pages as well as internal tools.
• Debug issues and address performance bottlenecks.
• Collaborate with content strategists and UX designers to plan upcoming features.
Basic Qualifications :
• Solid understanding of CSS, including modern features such as transforms, animation and gradients.
• Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS.
• Familiarity with MVC frameworks, component libraries, and UI patterns.
• Version control experience using Git or SVN.
• Bonus points for candidates with skills in React, Bootstrap and automated testing tools such as Mocha or Jasmine
• Personal drive, strong communication skills, and self-discipline round out the ideal candidate.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Preferred Qualifications :
Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education :
Must be enrolled in college or university, ideally pursuing degree in comp science or software engineering.
Company Overview :
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Job ID: 470232BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment