The Walt Disney Company Back-End Development Intern, Fall 2017 in New York, New York
Marvel is seeking to find a back-end developer intern. You'll work with new and existing back-end applications to implement functionalities, fix bugs and issues, and code new feature across Marvel's digital properties. Ideal candidates are creative, motivated, proficient in web development and able to balance multiple projects.
Responsibilities : • Work with developers to implement back-end services, APIs, and internal tools.
• Debug issues and address performance bottlenecks.
• Conform to modern best practices and coding standards
• Integrate applications with databases and work with table structures and data querying
• Implement unit tests
• Read and produce technical documentation
Basic Qualifications :
• Experience developing sites and applications with PHP and MySQL within a LAMP stack.
• Solid understanding of PHP and Object-Oriented Programming.
• Ability to create and structure PHP classes
• Understanding of class inheritance
• Familiarity with MVC frameworks. Any experience with Slim and/or Zend 1 is a plus.
• Familiarity with revision or source control such as Git or SVN
• Personal drive, strong communication skills, and self-discipline round out the ideal candidate.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
Preferred Qualifications :
Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education :
Must be enrolled in college or university, ideally pursuing degree in comp scencei or software engineering.
Preferred Education :
Company Overview :
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional Information :
Job ID: 473661BR
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment