The Walt Disney Company Internships: Disney Channel - Programming & Scheduling, 2018/2019 in London, United Kingdom
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
Disney Channel launched in the UK in 1995 and is the number one children's pay TV channel, tapping into the world of kids and families with its mix of live-action shows, animation favourites and tailor-made movies. We have roles available in the below areas:
The Presentation team is responsible for creating the detailed schedule that collates all programming, promotions and commercial messages. The team are responsible for editorial decision making and creative scheduling. They send daily channel schedules to transmission, ensuring all content is present and correct, and most importantly, placing all promotional elements available strategically, in line with the most appropriate audience so viewers can enjoy watching Disney Channel at home.
The Content Programming team is responsible for the development, planning, creation, implementation and communication of linear, non-linear and VOD monthly programme strategy and schedules for Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior services, to drive the Disney Channels as the #1 MPX in the UK
The Media Planning team is responsible for coming up with all on air promotional plans and strategy for new Disney Channel programmes and marketing initiatives. This involves contributing to campaign creative, appraising the priority and available airtime in line with other campaigns, and ensuring all deliveries from production are on time and in line with promotional requirements.
• MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
• MUST have the right to work in the UK
• Applicants will be studying a relevant degree and demonstrate a passion for your chosen field of study
• Strong MS Office skills essential
• Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data input and communication skills essential and ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly
• Passion for kids TV, programming, brand positioning and kids trends
• Experience managing multiple projects or assignments to a high standard
• Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude and interest to learn
• Highly innovative, with evidence of generating creative ideas and taking the initiative
What we offer:
• The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
• The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
• The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more…
• The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
• Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
• Annual salary of £18,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
Why have you chosen Disney?
Why have you chosen this specific internship?
Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
Application deadline: Friday 15th December 2017.
Additional Information :
For hints and tips on your application, please click here at https://disneycasting.net/downloads/tds-uk/UK%20Intern%20Guide.pdf
Job ID: 492428BR
Location: London,United Kingdom
Job Posting Company: Walt Disney International