The Walt Disney Company Japanese Speaking Hotel Guest Operations - Full Time/Part Time in Kapolei, Hawaii
Our Japanese speaking cast members have the ability to make our guest feel at home while experiencing the uniqueness of our resort. To accommodate our guests arriving every day from all over the world, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa offers a variety of services and activities across property to ensure a unique guest experience. These teams of Disney cast member’s take pride in bringing the magic to life for our guests. There are a variety of roles and opportunities for our cast members to turn our guests dream into reality.
Apply to this Japanese speaking posting to be considered for one of following Full-Time or Part-Time Guest Service positions:
Bell Services- Bell person, Valet & Dispatch
Front Office- Front Desk Agent & PBX Operator
Entertainmen t – Entertainment Activities, Digital Photo Imaging, Youth Activities Counselor
Merchandise-Front of House
Spa Attendant & Host/Hostess
Responsibilities : Bell Services
- Responsibilities include working in one or more of the following positions: Bell Person, Valet and Bell/Valet Dispatch. These front-line Cast Members greet our Guests demonstrating Aulani spirit. Bell and Valet Cast Members will assist arriving and departing guests with transporting luggage to and from Guest rooms and park/retrieve all types of Guest vehicles, as needed. During 3rd shift, Cast Members may be required to perform job functions for both roles. They are also responsible for the storage and care of guest property.
- Responsible for greeting guests and checking in and out of hotel rooms and villas. The Front Desk Agent plays an important role in providing the first and lasting impression of Aulani’s guest services. This also includes positions as PBX Operator Operators are responsible for answering phones and assisting Guests with pre-arrival needs. After their arrival, operators continue to provide great service as they assist our Guests in-house, Cast Members and non-guests with questions
- Maintains poolside and beachside areas for all guests while providing exemplary Guest Service at various pool and beach locations. Also staffs the Rainbow Reef and Beach Rentals
- Responsible for engaging and interacting with Guests of all ages. Cast Members will lead and support events, programs, and activities. This may include, but is not limited to Community Halls and around the Resorts’ surrounding outdoors venues
- Assists in the day to day operations of all Resort merchandise locations. Responsibilities include cash handling, stocking and providing grocery delivery. Greet Guests and enhance their stay through strong product awareness and proactive selling techniques
Spa Attendant & Host/Hostess
Responsible for orientating guests to the spa facilities. Includes the greeting of all guests as they enter and providing personal guest service. They are responsible for keeping the lounge areas neat, clean and well stocked with all amenities.
Spa Host/Hostess is responsible for the Front Desk operations- checking guest in and out for appointments, making reservations and managing the overall Front Desk operations of the Spa.
Basic Qualifications :
The ability to speak conversationally in Japanese is REQUIRED for these positions.
Valet roles require a valid Driver License and no moving violations in the past 12 months
Previous experience in a Front Desk, Call Center or similar role for Front Office & PBX positions
Recreation Host/Hostesses must be able to carry up to 15-20 lbs. and handle weight up to 50+ lbs
Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
Excellent communication and listening skills
Ability to anticipate Guests needs and act accordingly
Adept at troubleshooting and ability to own and calmly handle difficult situations
Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
Preferred Qualifications :
Previous experience in a fast paced high volume environment
Must be detail oriented and able to multi task
Previous Hotel Front Office experience with an understanding of Hotel Guest Service Operations roles
Previous Bell Services/Valet experience in a hotel environment
Previous experience in a Spa or similar environment
Previous experience in a Merchandise location or similar environment
Company Overview :
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Additional Information :
Our Resort operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 4:00 AM and vary as needed. Part-rime requires full availability for any shift a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Training require will require 2-3 weeks of additional availability (day AND evening) and will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training.
Additional Planned time off (vacations or non-paid time off) may not be available without prior approval.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Job ID: 476560BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts