The Walt Disney Company Sr Interaction Designer in Burbank, California
At The Walt Disney Studios, you’ll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live
As an Interaction Designer, you have a strong technical background and work closely with
Engineers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Lead User Experience Designers to translate
complex business requirements to intuitive, usable and efficient enterprise products. Your job is
to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our Cast Members
You're a well-rounded individual, organized, and extremely collaborative with strong
interaction, visual, and problem-solving abilities, a passion for simplifying a complex problem
space, and a desire to craft delightful, useful, and efficient experiences for our users.
You design and lead the UI construction for complex projects with a broad scope and evolving
objectives. You contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation,
prototyping and close collaboration with the Lead UX. You craft and conduct experiments with
real users to validate and improve the experience.
You’ll be joining a talented (and friendly!) team of UX designers, product owners and engineers
who are bringing great design into the enterprise space at the Walt Disney Studios. We focus
primarily on products that are used by our Cast Members (employees). This position reports to
the Senior Manager, User Experience..
Assume the role of the user’s voice in your cross-functional group in order to help to define product requirements.
Execute innovative interaction design concepts in a fast-paced environment while always keeping user needs at the forefront.
Advise and collaborate with Lead UX designers, engineers and researchers to refine user interactions from concept to release.
Strategize, brainstorm and define approaches that optimize design implementation.
Contribute and execute against the current design strategy and direction.
Ensure the delivery of designs and prototypes are appropriate for the engineering team.
Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
Collaborate with, and develop mutual respect and trust with, Product Owners, Business
Analysts, and Engineers.
Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
Rapidly iterate on development of prototypes based on input from user testing findings.
Basic Qualifications :
The candidate should have 5+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture
or User Experience positions designing for web applications (Enterprise software or SaSS
Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, or
graphic design), or equivalent practical experience.
● Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
● Strong proficiency with interaction design/ux principles and skills creating design
deliverables including IA documentation, journey maps, rapid prototyping, site maps,
concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, and annotated comps.
● Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and
● Ability to create complex, high fidelity prototypes using at least one of the following
tools – Axure, Atomic or invision.
● Working experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, etc.
● Solid understanding of web and mobile (native) technologies.
● Strong process orientation and documentation abilities.
● A passion for data and enterprise grade applications.
● Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary.
● Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced,
demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
● Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills
(i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups)
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field (human-computer interaction, human factors, or graphic design), or equivalent practical experience.
Company Overview :
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Additional Information :
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 472765BR
Job Posting Company: Studio Entertainment