The Walt Disney Company Sourcing Specialist II- MRO in Anaheim, California
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sourcing Specialist will be part of a team whose mission is to successfully execute Strategic Sourcing projects & strategies, develop effective supplier relationships and stakeholder engagements. The Sourcing Specialist will be accountable individually, as a team member, and/or as a lead of projects and assignments involving the sourcing of a broad array of goods and/or services within the Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) category utilizing the full sourcing lifecycle and effectively integrating Client, Category and Supplier Relationship management methodologies. The Sourcing Specialist will be expected to leverage cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that contribute to meeting individual and team operational and financial goals and objectives. This position may interface with multiple levels of leadership and contributors primarily, but not exclusively, within the Parks & Resorts segment.
Responsibilities : • Understand and assist in the development and execution of supplier performance and relationship management programs with a focus on quality, service, financial benefit and innovation
• Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal financial benefit
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
• Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria incorporating diverse supplier as applicable.
• Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies, procedures and best practices
• Routinely assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
• Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects and initiatives that meet internal client’s requirements
• Communicate and report to management the status of key internal & external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
• Evaluate potential contractors and suppliers.
• Prepare Request for Proposals for maintenance, repair, operational supplies (MRO) that clearly define requirements.
• Conduct pre-bid meetings and job walks.
• Lead structured supplier negotiations.
• Prepare MRO agreements from approved contract templates; Review contract issues with legal department
• Monitor projects to confirm contract compliance.
• Assist in resolution of payment problems.
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics at all times and in all instances
Basic Qualifications :
• 3 to 5 years experience in sourcing a broad array of Maintenance, Repair & Operational (MRO) materials; experience in contract administration and management
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
• Transaction experience in SAP &/or Ariba ERP systems
• Experience using collaborative tools, e.g., WebEx, SharePoint
• Familiarity with Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Supply Chain Management processes
• Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
• Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
• Ability to work with different communication & leadership styles
• Superior financial and/or operational modeling and analytical skills
• Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking capabilities
• Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
• Ability to conceptualize issues and problems and develop resolutions
• Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams through a change management initiative
• Possess an intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
Required Education :
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education :
Professional certification in ISM, SCM, CSCMP
Company Overview :
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Additional Information :
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 469153BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts