The Walt Disney Company Event Coordinator (Seasonal) in Anaheim, California
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
• This is a project-based, seasonal role, within the Event Solutions group which supports the Disneyland Resort Media Events team throughout the production of all Disneyland Resort Media Events.
• Event Solutions is comprised of four unique disciplines: Invited Guest Management, Amenity Management, Interview Scheduling and Media Hosts (also known as Disney Reps).
• This role is responsible for the project management (ideation, development, production and execution) of an Event Solutions discipline and is assigned to an event/project by the Event Manager of that discipline.
• Depending on the size and scope of an event, the Event Coordinator trains and manages small project based teams composed of Event Specialists.
• The Event Coordinator will be dedicated for up to 1.5 years to a specific discipline (Invited Guest Management, Amenity Management, Interview Scheduling or Disney Reps) for training purposes and to develop extensive expertise on the given subject-matter.
• The Event Coordinator assignments are made based on the organization’s evolving business need (subject to change at any time) in addition to skillsets, experience and performance.
Manages the ideation, development, production and execution of the assigned Event Solutions discipline for Media Events under the leadership and management of an Event Manager and/or Event Director. Areas of responsibility per Event Solutions discipline are:
Invited Guest Management: Reservation Center (Guest communication, flights, hotel rooms, confirmations, and itineraries), event system (invitations, RSVP tracking, report updates), guest entitlement (park tickets, food vouchers, parking vouchers), event guest itinerary management and event hospitality (check in, information desks, on site communication and trouble shooting)
o Disney Reps: Recruitment, training, scheduling and managing all Cast Members recruited throughout the Disneyland Resort for the Disney Reps program (Cast Members that host media throughout the events and ensure the Disney brand is well represented, media follow their itineraries and have assistance for all questions or remarks during the event).
o Interview Scheduling: Developing and scheduling broadcast and interview opportunities (live and taped) in a custom designed software system, including: contacting and preparing information packets for spokespersons, organizing the logistics for media trainings, cross referencing all schedules (time, location, spokesperson, entertainment, messaging and prop elements), learning all event specific messaging (press releases and other official communication documentation).
o Event Amenities: Assisting amenity design, order, delivery and preparation process so that event guests receive top quality event gifts via a seamless and story-telling distribution. This includes taking care of amenity inventory, shipments, quality checking items, packaging and setting up distribution in the parks and hotels.
Develops and manages budgets, milestones, task lists, team documents, processes and staffing for their Event Solutions discipline.
Depending on the scope of the Media Event, manages a small team event specialists and CU's throughout the production and execution of an event by assigning tasks and priorities and continuously ensures the flawless execution of their action plan.
Anticipates potential challenges, makes decisions and proactively develops action plans or makes adjustments with little or no supervision.
Is the central point of contact for their team and is a conduit for flow of information to their team, partners and leaders in a timely, precise and efficient manner.
While job duties are typically performed in an office environment, the workload may require this position to support activities throughout the Resort and/or in inclement weather. Lifting items, walking, and standing for long periods of time, is not unusual.
Basic Qualifications :
1-2 years of experience in project management, event planning and/or related projects
Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multitask
Ability to interface with all levels of management, comfortable speaking in front of large audiences and executives
Autonomous and ability to drive projects forward with minimal management
Excellent team player and able to calmly drive self and team through his stress situations and deliver within tight deadlines
Good oral and written communication skills
Strong computer proficiency including: Microsoft Office &/or Mac [i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote]. Strong understanding of social media and the ability to learn new programs in a timely manner.
Willingness to travel [domestically] and work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary
Preferred Qualifications :
Prior Disney experience and/or knowledge of the Disney brand
Bilingual/Multilingual abilities a plus
Merchandise experience for Amenity specific projects (with ability to learn different aspects of the event)
Hospitality and booking software (travel agency, hotels, guest communication, etc.) experience for Invited Guest Management specific projects (with ability to learn different aspects of the event)
Media or Communications experience for Disney Reps and Interview Scheduling Office (with ability to learn different aspects of the event)
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s or Business Management/Administration degree preferred in communications, hospitality or merchandise/retail depending on the Event Solutions discipline
Additional Information :
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Job ID: 485565BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts